Are you in need of cutting edge tech talent but just thinking of seeking out, training, and retaining the best people makes you exhausted? What if you could find the perfect person with very little effort? What if you could hire an entire team of these people with the same amount of effort?
You can, by hiring a software consulting company. Leaders inside this type of organization have already done all the dirty work for you, including vetting out the right team members, hiring and training them, and providing them with ongoing training and experience. These teams are swift, talented, and specialize in running alongside an existing team within large(r) companies, working on both enhancements to existing products or the launch of new products.
Most businesses require a solid in-house technical team to handle day-to-day projects. But as your needs grow and innovation arises from within, you must ramp up quickly and efficiently. Although investing in outside help appears on the surface to be an extra cost, embracing a consulting firm as your technology partner can actually save you hundreds of thousands - or even millions - of dollars.
COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TYPICAL DEVELOPMENT TALENT HIRING PROCESS INCLUDE:
- Time lost during hiring, training, retaining talent
- Greater inefficiencies at project start and ongoing
- Thousands - or even hundreds of thousands - of dollars lost to benefits
- Low morale as existing team members take on extra work during the recruitment process
- Lower quality of work due to gaps
- Work just not getting done
- Higher turnover
- Millions lost in revenue due to lag times
You have no doubt experienced all of the above (or your company has). By leveraging the expertise and strength of a software consulting firm, you’ll realize huge benefits that equate to some pretty impressive numbers.
BENEFITS OF HIRING A CONSULTING FIRM:
- Cost to hire is lowered by 70 percent
- Time to hire declines by 50 - 70 percent
- Training costs decreased by 25 - 75 percent
- Turnover is reduced by 25 - 70 percent
AS YOUR NEEDS GROW AND INNOVATION ARISES FROM WITHIN, YOU MUST RAMP UP QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY.
6 TIPS FOR HIRING THE BEST EXTERNAL DEVELOPMENT TALENT:
- Confirm that your outside team will be able to offer an entire suite of expertise, including UX/UI design, development in the appropriate software languages, pre/post-launch marketing, and even Agile coaching as needed
- Ask about how they quote a project (If they give you a concrete number without first investigating the needs in detail with your key in-house team members, the project will end up costing more, due to lack of accuracy as to the work needed).
- Insure the team members regularly ask questions at the beginning and throughout the process to arrive at the most perfect results possible. (Otherwise you’ll be stuck with order takers, which will not allow for a successful end product).
- Ask how they handle sprints and client involvement from beginning through launch. Transparency and solid communication is a must!
- Find out about their pre-launch testing process. How do they arrive at the best path for building a new product? Does their process include Sprints focused on research and testing prior to beginning a build? You will want a proven process in place pre-build, particularly for building new products.
- Discuss how they work with an existing team. You need an outside firm who is experienced in working with existing team members, is not siloed in their approach, and has a solid hand off process at time of launch.
So, whether it’s diving in to help take some of the load off your internal team, or helping to map out and build new products, consider working with a solid consulting firm. You will save valuable time and resources, increase efficiencies, and have a life-long partner you can turn to again and again to help you crush your goals.